May 12, 2021
As a Pensacola Beach photographer, our beaches have white sands and blue skies and in the summer months it can be quite hot. Here are some great tips to help you prepare for what to wear to your next beach session.
Think simple, comfortable and cool! Soft, light and bright!
Wearing White is great but with our white sand and sometimes our white clouds it is best to mix in other colors so you do not blend into the sand!
Colors that work best are navy, aqua, teal, coral, green, gray, and pink. Bold colors work great too like red, yellow, burgundy, and green. Try to avoid really bright colors, and neon colors as they create color casts to the skin.
Mix and match prints with solid colors to add depth
One thing is for sure we will have wind, we can use the wind to create wonderful photos by rethinking our wardrobe. Instead of wearing tight fitting clothing that hugs the body why don’t try for a flowy skirt or dress or something that is loose fitting instead. These all look so wonderful when the wind blows your dress with your hair or your skirt along the waves.
For toddlers and babies don’t forget to wear a diaper cover or if wearing a romper make sure it covers their diaper, we like to play while at the beach
1. Trendy Clothing
2. Large and bold Jewelry
3. Big Bows on Children ( when moving a lot they fall out or come loose from the hair) a pretty braid for all of part of the hair is a great option
4. Neon Colors (They add color casts to your face)
5. Clothing that is too short or too low cut, this is hard to remember to fix or adjust during our session
6. Clothing that is too tight
7. Shirts with logos or graphics of any sort this includes the nike swoosh and other athletic apparel
8. Lotion, do not apply lotion before a session, the sand will stick to your body
9. Sleeveless dresses, tank tops if you have tan lines
10. High heel shoes and dress shoes, wear your flip flops, we usually go barefoot anyway
The main thing is you are at the beach so just go and have some fun hanging with your family and leave the rest to me. You can’t control the heat, or the wind or even the ocean so embrace the ocean in all it’s beauty. You may want to bring an extra change of clothes and a towel in case you decide to frolic in the waves and don’t forget those flip flops. Lastly don’t be afraid to get creative and have fun with your style and just have fun being you!! Here is a Pinterest Page I have created with a few more ideas.
Let me be your Pensacola Beach photographer!
Contact Me-Ann Mangum Photography-Pensacola Family Photographer
Be the first to comment